Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Mobile FM radio ads shown to drive incremental store traffic
Sep 27, 2018 by Robin KurzerDial Report’s new data shows a demonstrable lift for businesses on days that their radio spots run.
- Mobile-first indexing: Will it change your rankings on desktop?
Sep 27, 2018 by Janet Driscoll MillerGetting conflicting information about whether the mobile-first indexing change will impact your rankings? Brush up on the different processes behind search results.
- Your AI does not need tickets to the big game
Sep 27, 2018 by Rex BriggsOnly when we address all of the ways that fraud and inefficiency have plagued media buying will we end their threat to a healthy, thriving marketplace.
- Connect with the best and brightest marketers at SMX East
Sep 27, 2018 by Marketing LandYou are part of an exclusive community — a community of passionate, creative, driven search marketers eager to learn the latest tactics to boost conversions, drive sales, and increase awareness. SMX® East is your chance to connect with others like you. Share tips, talk shop, and forge new friendships at our exclusive networking events happening […]
- Snapchat launches multiple e-commerce ad options in time for holiday shopping
Sep 27, 2018 by Amy GesenhuesShoppable Snap ads are rolling out, and advertisers can now import catalogs to automatically create product ads.
- IAS media quality report paints a slightly more optimistic picture for programmatic ad buyers
Sep 27, 2018 by Robin KurzerWhile publisher-direct display ads still have the lowest level of brand safety risk, programmatic is steadily catching up.
- Parse.ly, Notablist make internal data public to help marketers see beyond walled gardens
Sep 26, 2018 by Barry LevineSeparately, the two marketing intelligence companies are choosing to make available valuable information from their platforms.
- How to integrate online and offline for the best overall result
Sep 26, 2018 by Grace KayeRemember the days when the “dinosaurs” of traditional media had to learn digital ways? Now digital natives must get educated about billboards, print and TV.
- Twitter looks to crowdsource content policies
Sep 26, 2018 by Amy GesenhuesThe app launched a user survey to gather feedback on dehumanizing language, but will it help deliver a safer platform for marketers?
Search News From Around The Web:
- 5 ways to use Google Maps on Apple CarPlay, Google Blog
- Google Extends Titles In Snippets From 55 to 67.5 Characters, Search Engine Roundtable
- Did Someone Steal Your Content? Here’s What to Do, SuccessWorks
- Google Maps VP Jen Fitzpatrick on 20 years at Google, Fast Company
- Google Search Console Page Filter Throwing Off Accuracy Of Numbers?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Inside Google’s original garage, 1998-style, Google Blog
- SEO Campaign Guide (2018): A Visual Walkthrough, Raven Blog
- Stitching your trip plans together across Google, Google Blog
- Throwbacks and thank yous on our 20th birthday, Google Blog