Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Why every multi-store brand needs a ‘localized social marketing’ strategy
Dec 19, 2018 by Greg Sterling70% of social brand engagement on Facebook is happening on local Pages.
- Successful marketing teams tackle this challenge
Dec 19, 2018 by Scott BrinkerSuccessful marketing teams are diverse. They include storytellers, project managers, operations, and technologists. Getting them on the same page can be a challenge for even the most experienced manager. That’s why you should bring your entire team to MarTech®, April 3-5 in San Jose. Here’s what your team will get: Case studies. Leading brands including […]
- Facebook’s ‘Clear History’ feature delayed until spring 2019
Dec 19, 2018 by Amy GesenhuesUsers will be able to disassociate browsing history from their accounts, which may have implications for retargeting on the platform.
- NYT report on Facebook’s data deals won’t sway advertisers, say media buyers
Dec 19, 2018 by Ginny MarvinAdvertisers remain focused on performance, and so far it’s holding.
- Oath to become Verizon Media Group as telecom doubles down on umbrella brand
Dec 19, 2018 by Amy GesenhuesSince the its inception a year and a half ago, Oath’s has failed to compete with the likes of Google and Facebook in the digital ad space.
- Study finds 61 percent of electronics reviews on Amazon are ‘fake’
Dec 19, 2018 by Greg SterlingThe problem appears much larger than most consumers realize and presents a huge challenge for honest sellers.
- Data ownership is shifting so enterprises are stepping up their tech game
Dec 19, 2018 by Julian BaringPrepare for a significantly intensified focus on data quality, governance, analysis and risk management in 2019.
- 3 prospecting features for Google Display campaigns
Dec 18, 2018 by Ginny MarvinThese relatively new features are aimed at reaching new customers with Display campaigns.
- Amazon VP reaffirms: ‘No plans’ for ads on Alexa devices
Dec 18, 2018 by Barry LevineAt least for now, the giant retailer continues to emphasize purchases inside skills and retail sales from its store.
- IBM points to Director of Marketing Data as ‘hottest new role’
Dec 18, 2018 by Barry LevineWith AI redefining the modern marketer, the tech giant forecasts the rise of full-time data wranglers for customer data platforms.
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Keeps Yelp, Consumer Watchdog Out of EU Court Appeal, Bloomberg
- 10 Tips For Building A Business Case As an In-House SEO, Conductor
- 2018: The Year in Data Studio Community Connectors, Google Blog
- Analyzing Search Engine Results Pages on a Large Scale using Python, SEM Rush
- Go Home Alone Again with the Google Assistant—ya filthy animal, Google Blog
- Google is testing a new search cards UI for movies, music, books, personalities, and more, Android Police
- Merkle Releases Automated Bidding for Amazon Sponsored Brands as the Format Continues to Grow, Merkle
- Most SEOs Don’t Offer Guaranteed Success, Search Engine Roundtable
- Still Having Google News Indexing & Ranking Issues? Then Start A New Thread, Search Engine Roundtable
- The era of the camera: Google Lens, one year in, Google Blog
- Unleash your creativity, Google Partners Blog
- Useful changes to your Share of Voice columns, Bing Ads Blog