Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Attackers exploited 3 bugs and Facebook’s once-vaunted social graph to steal 29 million users’ data
Oct 12, 2018 by Ginny Marvin14 million users had names, contact details, bio information, location and search history stolen, among other details.
- Twitter reported to be under investigation for violating GDPR
Oct 12, 2018 by Robin KurzerIrish privacy authorities are looking into whether Twitter was in breach of the European law when it refused to comply with a user’s request to see his data.
- Is it time to graduate to Google Analytics 360?
Oct 12, 2018 by Digital Marketing DepotIt’s a common concern for marketers and analysts worldwide: As your business has grown, so have your needs for complete and accurate data that can be integrated with other platforms. It might be time to upgrade to Google Analytics 360. This eBook from InfoTrust will provide you with everything you need to know when considering […]
- Facebook purges 800 political spam Pages, accounts from its platform
Oct 11, 2018 by Robin KurzerThe move is the latest effort by the beleagured social network to combat ‘fake news’ and stem the spread of misinformation.
- Trust in marketing: Phrasee launches campaign against fear and anxiety in ad campaigns
Oct 11, 2018 by Barry LevineThe AI-powered marketing content firm says AI, hyper-personalization and big data give marketers powers that should be used more responsibly.