Last month Google released a very detailed research on the
prospected growth of cross-device search.
And also shed light on the ever-growing use of mobile devices for searches.
Consider the following points:
- Mobile Devices have taken over the world by storm. Now, more than 1/4 of all users only use a smartphone. This is twice as many to those who only use a PC.
- We keep jumping from one device to another to complete the task and sometimes use two at once.
- I know I will sound like captain obvious but anyways, the top three places people use their smartphone are home, work and in a store.
- On average, 4 out of 10 searches are conducted only on a smartphone.
- More than 7 in 10 users browse the web on their phones or computers in an average day.
Because information is just a click away, we now turn to search engines right when we think of the question. Following is a chart depicting our behavior.
Below are some common search themes:
The report also shows us the top 4 places that people are most likely to use Smartphones to conduct a search.
Mobile is here to stay, it will keep dominating the search field and so it’s a no-brainer that you should get updated about it and get ahead of your competitors. Here’s Google’s full report which will help you grasp a clear picture of the present and near future of mobile devices. Go through it and you will find out some good ideas to utilize it in your favor.
Edward Kundahl, Ph.D., M.B.A.
Ed can be reached at (or visit his websites)