Latest Happenings In The World Of Local Search For The Month Of December 2016
- Google is going to discontinue Map Maker and will add all the map editing features into Google Maps. Here’s an official confirmation.
- Soon you will be able to go to the top by just pressing a single button on Google as they are testing the “Back to the top” button on Mobile search results.
- Google now says they can crawl content within tabs. This information comes from people asking Google specific details about how content is seen and crawled with the upcoming mobile only index. This news shouldn’t have you putting a ton of content behind tabs, but does take some of the pressure off if you have a lot of preparing to do.
- “If you don’t ask, the answer is always No”, this saying holds true for reviews as well. A recent survey by Bright Local has revealed that 7 out of 10 customers will leave a review if asked. So go ahead and ask your customers.
- You can also make use of our ‘review widget’ which sits on your website and helps you get positive reviews on Google, Yelp and Facebook. In addition, it helps to filter out negative reviews too.
- Bing has recently launched an updated version of the Local pack. This updated local pack is much more user-friendly and is on both mobile and desktop results.
- Google has introduced a new feature called ‘Know before you go‘ within Google Maps. It lets the users see the business in real time, so that they can get an idea of what to expect when they visit there, especially during peak hours. It can also be used to see what their competitors are up to. Give this article a read.
- Google has released a new holiday guide that provides data about how people shop and what they prefer. Give it a read as it can help you create a great marketing strategy.
- Google is testing a new feature named “Chat with your customer”. If the initial response will be good, then they may fully launch it in coming days.
- You can now see holiday hours on Bing in real time. They are directly in touch with the business owners to ensure the highest accuracy. If your business isn’t showing this feature then reach out to Bing directly from within your Bing for Business dashboard.
Edward Kundahl, Ph.D., M.B.A.
Ed can be reached at (or visit his websites)