There are millions of websites online, clamoring for people’s attention. In such a competitive landscape, it’s no surprise that many business owners struggle to get their websites to rank well in the search engines for their target keywords. But what many don’t realize is that enhancing their online marketing campaigns with optimized videos is an effective way to increase search engine visibility in a relatively short amount of time. In fact, a professional-quality video that has been properly tagged, optimized, and distributed can move up in search rankings more quickly than a website.
Why Videos Stand a Better Chance in Search
Blended search, which is the practice of displaying videos, news stories, maps, and other types of media in the search engine results, has become increasingly commonplace. Compared to the number of text pages out there, there are far fewer videos competing for a spot in the search results. That’s why videos are capable of achieving top rankings more easily than text web pages. And considering that the majority of videos indexed by major search engines aren’t SEO-friendly, your chances of achieving high search engine rankings would significantly increase if you optimized your videos.
You can also improve your website’s search engine rankings by embedding videos in it. According to a study conducted by Forrester Research, businesses with videos on their websites are 53 times more likely to achieve a first page organic search ranking. And in 2010, Nielsen released a report stating that approximately 70% of global online consumers watch online videos. Your website’s bounce rates also tend to decrease when you have videos on your website since many people stick around to watch them.
Video SEO Tips
If you want to create videos that will rank well in the search engines and help you boost your website’s rankings, you’re probably wondering where to start. Here are some effective video SEO tips that will get you off on the right foot:
- Optimize the title, tags, description, file name, and URL with target keywords
- Distribute videos to multiple video-sharing sites to increase visibility and attract links
- Encourage viewers to share your videos
- Embed videos into relevant pages of your website
- Link to your videos from social media websites and relevant pages of your websiteIn order for the above video SEO tactics to work, you first have to create relevant, informative, and entertaining videos that users are likely to view and share with their peers. A poorly made video will reflect badly upon your business and people won’t share it, let alone view it. Hiring a video SEO company to create professional web videos that represent your business is a surefire way to increase your search engine visibility and drive more traffic to your website.
How BusinessCreator Can Help
BusinessCreator works with two partners that specialize in writing and producing video presentations. BusinessCreator specializes in distributing those keyword-enhanced video SEO presentations. They are distributed to up to 20 video networks, syndicated through social networks, and sent through our unique content crowd marketing channels to further increase your videos reach and enhance the video ranking on Google. Please contact us for more information about our video SEO services.