In 2017, Google Chrome started adding warning labels for any websites asking for passwords and/or credit card information which haven’t yet added SSL protection.
In case you’re not familiar with SSL, it’s a type of encryption which prevents any communications between the visitor and the site from being read or forged by a 3rd party.
So, in other words, visitors on SSL secured sites are protected from hackers trying to their steal passwords or credit card data.
This is why you MUST add SSL certificates to any of your websites not currently secured with them. Ignore this warning at your peril, because visitors arriving at non-secured sites via the Chrome browser will begin seeing this:
And when they do, they won’t be sticking around long enough to enter their passwords…and they’ll be even less likely to enter their credit card information! Don’t have a login or take credit cards online? It does not matter. Google is looking for the SSL regardless.
Which means income from your non-SSL secured sites is about to take a significant hit.
And if you think for a moment you can ignore this warning because few visitors use the Chrome browser, think again. Chrome is reported as by far the most popular browser by a number of sources.
Just consider one date: October 21, 2016. Practically half the internet was shut down in a MAJOR attack.
On That Single Day, MILLIONS Of Dollars In Online Sales Were Disrupted
Major sites including Twitter, Spotify, Reddit, CNN, PayPal, Amazon and MANY more were completely out of service for hours. Not to mention authority news sites like The NY Times and The Wall Street Journal.
Think Hackers Are Only After Huge Companies? Think Again … YOUR Money Sites Are At Risk Every Single Day!
Taken from Symantec’s 2016 Internet Security Threat Report:
“Attackers are exploiting any vulnerability they can to compromise websites and commandeer their host servers … Attackers target both large and small businesses … If there is profit to be made, attackers strike at will”
How Can A Hacker Profit From Your Website?
In many ways
- By stealing the contact information of your subscribers
- By redirecting your traffic to their own
- By replacing your affiliation links (Avvo as an example) with their own
And more recently, with ransomware!
Imagine – a visitor comes to YOUR site and within seconds has their computer shut-down … and is told to pay to get a passcode to unlock their computer.
That, friends, is the end of your online reputation if it happens to you.
Hackers are ALWAYS testing the web for weakness. They practice – on servers like yours and mine – every day. If they find a vulnerability, they’ll jump in and do everything they can to steal your online assets.
WordPress Sites Are HIGHLY Targeted By Attackers
According to Securi’s Website Hacked Trend Report, in the first half of 2016 FOUR out of FIVE hacked sites were based on WordPress. There’s never been a MORE important time to secure your WP sites and servers.
Time For Some Good News!
As a marketer and consultant for many years, I manage hundreds of profitable websites for both myself and clients.
Many years ago I personally had sites hacked and saw firsthand the damage it did to my business.
I discovered that locking down my server and sites from attack came with an amazing bonus:
Improved Security = HUGE Increase In Site Speed, Conversions and business!
Once your server is secured against potential attacks,
everything gets better:
- No bad traffic can suck up your bandwidth and cost you hundreds in hosting overage charges
- Your sites load MUCH faster for legitimate traffic – interested visitors see your offers and can act on them quicker than ever
- Your content AND the private information of your subscribers remains protected and secure
- Faster sites translate to lower bounce rates, improved SEO and higher conversions
How Do Top Authority Sites Protect Themselves?
With CloudFlare, a service that speeds up AND secures websites by acting as a “guard” between servers and the entire internet. On average, sites protected with Cloudflare:
- Load 200% faster
- Use 60% less bandwidth
- Are MUCH more secure than unprotected sites
The Catch? Setting Up CloudFlare On Your Own
There are so many options and settings, CloudFlare is just too scary for most to tackle alone. If you miss one piece, you leave yourself open to bots, scrapers and hackers.
No problem if you can afford a developer or are willing to pay monthly fees to a specialty security service. But for the average website owner, this is a completely unnecessary expense.
Don’t Want To Pay Hundreds Per Month On Web Security Solutions?
You don’t have to, because we’ve developed a method that lets you use CloudFlare like the pros. This is the most up-to-date, COMPLETE website security system available today.
Total WordPress Security System (WPSS)
- Your sites will load faster, increasing conversions
- Your bounce rates will decrease, meaning higher SEO scores
So you get more QUALITY traffic combined with higher conversion rates. Without paying any extra for traffic OR forking out big bucks for ongoing security services.
Completely secure your server against bad bot traffic, page scrapers and hacking attempts at the server level
Enjoy optimal website load times
Prevent excess bandwidth overage charges
Increase SEO scores
Reduce visitor bounce rate
Ensure your site stays online, no matter what
Protect your leads, subscriber details, current AND future income
Here’s What You Get With WPSS:
The most up-to-date, comprehensive website security system available today – rest easy knowing your servers are secured with the same tools TOP authority sites are using.
Not Sure If WordPress Security System Is For You?
Ask Yourself ANY Of These Questions:
- Do you own a WP site that collects subscriber information, has outbound association links or collects fees in any way? Then you NEED this to ensure this data is protected.
- Has your site speed ever been a concern for you? Consider that for every 1 second delay in load time, conversions decreases up to 7% … With WordPress Security System, your site speed is maximized to optimize conversions.
- Do you want higher conversions from your website? With a faster site and lower bounce rates, your site will rank higher in the engines for MORE traffic without paying for it
- Concerned about securing your subscriber information? With ransomware growing, it’s more important than ever to protect the identity of your subscribers so they’re not blasted with fraudulent offers or hacked with ransomware, leaving you open to fines, suits and complete loss of online reputation
Are you ready to secure your WordPress site? For an annual fee of $499 you receive a 2048-bit security certificate, installation, security plugins and updates, and 12 months of cloud-based hosting. This is a small price to pay to protect your site and your visitors. You will reap the benefits in all the ways mentioned above-faster site loading, higher ranking on desktop and mobile search, more conversions, and knowing your site is secure from.
Why is being AMP compliant important? Because Google will be, if not already, prioritizing sites that are AMP compliant in their mobile search results. You want to be ahead of your competition? Now is the time.
Edward Kundahl, Ph.D., M.B.A.
Ed can be reached at (or visit his websites)