One of the most interesting shifts that has taken place in recent years has been the one toward maximum efficiency. That’s especially true in the world of Internet marketing, where increased competition and an uncertain economy have meant that businesses of all sizes need to maximize the return they get for their time and effort.
Because search engine optimization tends to be a cornerstone of most online marketing campaigns, it’s also an area where companies have to work smarter to make the biggest possible impact. With that in mind, here are 5 ways to make your SEO campaigns more efficient:
1. Do more keyword research. Many search engine optimization campaigns end up starting slowly, or not bringing in customers, simply because they are emphasizing the wrong keywords and phrases. A little bit of time invested in researching the right keywords in the beginning can save you lots of trouble and expense later.
2. Study your web analytics closely. Successful search engine optimization campaigns evolve over time. By looking at the types of customers who are finding your website on Google, Yahoo, and the other search engines – and how they interact with your site – you can make better decisions going forward.
3. Use more negative keywords. Although negative keywords are typically associated with pay-per-click campaigns (where they trigger instances for your ad not to be shown), you can have a list of them as part of your organic search campaign, as well. The more you know about the buyers you don’t want, the less time and effort will be wasted on attracting them.
4. Put local keywords on every page. Local search is changing the way customers find businesses of all types by geography. By simply tweaking a few of the phrases and keywords on your pages to incorporate your city, state, province, etc., you make it a lot easier for buyers in your area to locate you on the web.
5. Make your site more usable. A cleaner business website with a simple navigation structure is easier to use. And, the easier your site is to use, the higher your conversion rates are going to be, meaning that usability goes hand in hand with search engine optimization because it maximizes the value of every visit to your business website.
Being efficient with your search engine optimization campaign is one of the best ways to boost the return you see from your time and money.
If you aren’t getting the results you were hoping for from Google and the other search engines, why not call or e-mail us today to see what our team can do for you?